We recognize the diagnosis and treatment of cancer have a tremendous physical and emotional impact on the patient and family.
Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center assists those with cancer at all stages of their illness and helps families and friends cope with cancer in their lives. Our goal is to provide emotional support and guidance for people with cancer, family members and health professionals.
Who We Serve
Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center provides services to cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in southwest Iowa and the Omaha metro area.
Spa Day May 18, 2017
Cancer patients and survivors are invited to take an hour to slow down and do something special for themselves.
Our day of pampering has services selected for their calming and relaxing qualities.
Spots fill in quickly, so call Wings of Hope at 712-325-8970 to reserve your service today.
May 24, 2017 is the date this year for "Omaha Gives".
It is a one day event for the public to go on-line and donate to their favorite charity.
Please mark this day on your calendar, go to the Omaha Gives website and choose the PG banner-make a tax deductible donation to Wings of Hope.
You can start scheduling a donation as soon as May 1st. The donation will not be processed until May 24, 2017.
If you have ever used our services in the past I encourage you to make a donation. You can donate any amount you choose, starting at $10.00.
If you have any questions call Wings of Hope at 712-325-8970.
Thank you for your continued support.
Catholic Daughter's of the Americas donate
Thanks so much to the Catholic Daughter's of the Americas for the donated items. Your generosity is overwhelming.
Wings of Hope is Hiring a Development Officer
Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center has posted a position for a Development Officer. If you know someone who may be interested in this position, they can call 712-325-8970 and speak to Carolyn, or you can send a resume and cover letter to:
Carolyn at Wings of Hope, 427 E Kanesville Blvd, Suite 202,
Council Bluffs, IA 51503.
Development Officer Job Description
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Experience in fund-raising, with non-profit experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including group presentations.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective and successful professional relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers.
5. Strong organizational skills.
6. Ability to effectively network and interact with business and community leaders.
7. Ability to independently manage the details of multiple assignments/projects, to track activities, and to meet deadlines.
8. Computer and social media proficiency.
This position is responsible for all fund-raising and marketing activities for Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center.
Priorities are to diversify funding sources and increase marketing and community relationship-building activities.
This position requires effective planning, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives focused on maximizing the overall income potential of Wings of Hope.
1. Identify, cultivate, and sustain new and existing donor relationships for annual giving, to include:
• individual giving;
• workplace giving;
• corporate donations.
2. Participate in fund-raising campaign to secure major gift donations.
3. Develop and drive the annual giving campaign.
4. Promote community fund-raising efforts (external events) that support Wings of Hope.
5. Participate in current agency fund-raisers to improve event management, to include:
• securing sponsorships;
• securing auction items;
• promoting fund-raiser; and
• increasing event participation.
6. Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a long-term, sustainable plan for development.
7. Work in partnership with the Executive Director on print and electronic messaging for Wings of Hope marketing activities, to include:
• improve the quality and expand the quantity of promotional materials;
• assist in agency branding;
• produce consistent and frequent correspondence and social media contacts to elevate Wings of Hope's online presence and potential donors.
8. Building strong relationships with business and community leaders to enhance Wings of Hope standing in the community.
9. Work collaboratively with Executive Director on other development initiatives such as grant writing.
10. Responsible for development reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Winter in the Nifty 50's--February 11, 2017-- Mid America Center-- 6:30 PM
Wings of Hope 'Winter in the Nifty 50's " fundraiser was a blast Saturday night. All who attended had a wonderful time. We raised a lot of money for a great cause. Thank you to everyone who helped make this event a success, our wonderful sponsors, volunteers, and attendants. It was a success because of you.
Our wonderful hosts
Rock around the clock!
The Fonz sells raffle tickets
Mom put down the camera!
Yell, Hoots and Hollers when this came up for bid!
The Daily Nonpareil
Heartland Oncology & Hematology
Hematology & Oncology Consultants
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital
Council Bluffs Savings Bank
First National Bank
Frontier Savings Bank
Schroer and Associates, PC
Board of Directors
How You Can Help Wings of Hope
Wings of Hope relies on the generosity of many organizations and individuals for funding for its many programs. Click on the link below to make an online donation!
Use this link to make a donation!