We recognize the diagnosis and treatment of cancer have a tremendous physical and emotional impact on the patient and family.
Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center assists those with cancer at all stages of their illness and helps families and friends cope with cancer in their lives. Our goal is to provide emotional support and guidance for people with cancer, family members and health professionals.
Who We Serve
Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center provides services to cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in southwest Iowa and the Omaha metro area.
Winter in the Nifty 50's--February 11, 2017-- Mid America Center-- 6:30 PM
Remember the good old days, Juke Boxes, and Soda Fountains, 45 records, and Poodle Skirts. Well now you can relive those days. Join us for "Winter in the Nifty 50's". Enjoy 50's music, food, and dance as you rock the night away and raise money for a great cause.
To reserve seats for this event complete the form below, and scroll down this page and click on the donate button and follow the directions from there. Or you can call Wings of Hope at 712-325-8970.
Ticket prices are $75.00 per person, or $750.00 for a table of 10.
Winter in the Nifty 50's Registration
2017 Quilt Raffle
Winner will be chosen at our Winter in the Nifty 50' s Event on February 11, 2017. Tickets will be in your newsletter for January. If you don't receive our Newsletter, but would like tickets please call Wings of Hope at 712-325-8970.
Wings of Hope is Hiring a Development Officer
Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center has posted a position for a Development Officer. If you know someone who may be interested in this position, they can call 712-325-8970 and speak to Carolyn, or you can send a resume and cover letter to:
Carolyn at Wings of Hope, 427 E Kanesville Blvd, Suite 202,
Council Bluffs, IA 51503.
Development Officer Job Description
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Experience in fund-raising, with non-profit experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including group presentations.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective and successful professional relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers.
5. Strong organizational skills.
6. Ability to effectively network and interact with business and community leaders.
7. Ability to independently manage the details of multiple assignments/projects, to track activities, and to meet deadlines.
8. Computer and social media proficiency.
This position is responsible for all fund-raising and marketing activities for Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center.
Priorities are to diversify funding sources and increase marketing and community relationship-building activities.
This position requires effective planning, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives focused on maximizing the overall income potential of Wings of Hope.
1. Identify, cultivate, and sustain new and existing donor relationships for annual giving, to include:
• individual giving;
• workplace giving;
• corporate donations.
2. Participate in fund-raising campaign to secure major gift donations.
3. Develop and drive the annual giving campaign.
4. Promote community fund-raising efforts (external events) that support Wings of Hope.
5. Participate in current agency fund-raisers to improve event management, to include:
• securing sponsorships;
• securing auction items;
• promoting fund-raiser; and
• increasing event participation.
6. Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a long-term, sustainable plan for development.
7. Work in partnership with the Executive Director on print and electronic messaging for Wings of Hope marketing activities, to include:
• improve the quality and expand the quantity of promotional materials;
• assist in agency branding;
• produce consistent and frequent correspondence and social media contacts to elevate Wings of Hope's online presence and potential donors.
8. Building strong relationships with business and community leaders to enhance Wings of Hope standing in the community.
9. Work collaboratively with Executive Director on other development initiatives such as grant writing.
10. Responsible for development reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Gratitude Graffiti Project
Though our Gratitude Graffiti is over for 2016, let's continue each and every day to be grateful for who we are and the blessings we have. A positive attitude is a true healing agent for the body and soul.
Go be Grateful!!
City Hall Gratitude Stop
Jennie Edmundson Gratitude Stop
Wings of Hope Gratitude Stop
Women Helping Women 2016
95 people came to celebrate and recognize cancer patients, and survivors.
What a great night it was.
Thanks to all who made this event possible.
Thanks to the ladies and men who made delicious soups, and the
St. Peters and St. Patrick's Altar Societies for hosting our event and making the salads and desserts, and all who volunteered to help that evening. Your support is awesome.
Her new best friend
Our wonderful supporters
We were a Council Bluffs Block Party too!
Wings of Hope Annual Dinner- Uncle Buck's Grill @ Bass Pro Oct 3, 2016
We had 32 people join us for our Annual Dinner at Uncle Buck's @ Bass Pro on Oct 3rd, 2016. We had a fun evening with great food and wonderful speakers. Thanks to Dr. Warner & Dr. Parker-Brueggemann for taking time to speak to us about " Forming a Relationship with your Oncologist.
Thanks to Uncle Buck's for great food and service.
Board of Directors
Dr. Parker-Brueggemann & Dr. Warner & Donna Hubbell
How You Can Help Wings of Hope
Wings of Hope relies on the generosity of many organizations and individuals for funding for its many programs. Click on the link below to make an online donation!
Use this link to make a donation!